I was commissioned to make two more tea light holders and this was the result. I grabbed a piece of Redbud that I’ve had for almost 15 years and decided it would make a pretty base. The customer wanted the blue one from the last video and another that was teal and one pink. I used a new epoxy resin that I’ve been wanting to try. It is thinner than most of the traditional ones you’ve seen used. It is Floral Epoxy from the Epoxy Resin Store . It takes much longer to cure and probably didn’t need the pressure pot since it made especially for deep pours. But I put it in the pressure pot anyway to make sure there were no bubbles. And I left it in the pot for three days. This epoxy was much softer initially, but hardened up nicely over the next few days. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get it to polish up, but it did quite nicely. However, the heat from turning and sanding softened it up temporarily, so if you decide to try it, keep that in mind. The resin requires patience! So if you can’t wait on it, use something else. If you have questions that I didn’t answer, feel free to contact me. Thanks for watching.

Related Posts